Kensington Primary Academy opened in September 2016 with one Reception class of 30 children and in September 2017 we opened our first nursery within the Trust.
The schools have developed our own, distinct knowledge-rich curriculum: The Primary Knowledge Curriculum, a carefully sequenced, knowledge-rich programme which inspires pupils, promotes excellent outcomes for all and is underpinned by a drive to overcome inequality of opportunity.
Kensington Primary Academy is part of the Knowledge Schools Trust.
Ethos & Values
Kensington Primary Academy aims to be one of the best primary schools in the country, renowned for academic excellence and for creating the desire to succeed in all its pupils, no matter what their background.
We want children to develop the confidence that comes from possessing a store of essential knowledge and the skills to use it.
Our School has:
- High aspirations for all children, with a firm emphasis on academic attainment.
- A rigorous knowledge-rich curriculum that draws from ‘the best that has been thought and said’ .
- Drawn upon evidence from research to inform best teaching practice.
- Outstanding pastoral care underpinning excellent behaviour.
- A wide of challenging and fun opportunities for children to engage and compete in sports.
- A specialism in music that enables all children to learn to play at least one musical instrument.
- An outstanding range of extra-curricular activities.
- Active parental and community involvement.
Our aims are to:
- Encourage all children to be confident, hard-working and ambitious.
- Teach a core body of knowledge to all pupils so that they can develop an ability to think for themselves.
- Instil a lifelong love of learning in our school community.
- Attract, develop and retain outstanding staff.
OUR SCHOOL VALUES